As a Sidewalk Crew Specialist you will be responsible for performing all tasks related to snow removal, including operating sidewalk snow removal machines, snow blowers, snow shovels and other small equipment. We will provide safety vests and shovels. Candidates for this position should be available between November 1 - April 15th. Shifts range from six to 12 hours, but may require more hours for larger storms. Pay is based on experience/proficiency and can earn $23-$28/hr.
- Respond promptly to calls for on call snow and ice events
- Conduct pre-shift inspections and maintenance on all small equipment
- Clear snow and ice accumulations from customer sites from designated areas using shovels, snowblowers, salt spreaders and applying bagged de-icers
- Pile snow in designated and approved locations only
- Be available for communication at all times
- Document and report any obstacles at site(s)
- Be a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- Work outdoors in freezing weather conditions (bring your own jacket, gloves, hat, etc.)
- Be in good physical condition, able to lift, push or carry 50 to 60 pounds without restriction
- Provide safe, detail-oriented execution of assigned work
- Understand and carry out all instructions
- Work well under pressure while paying attention to all details and goals
- Have transportation to reach our location or job-site
- Cooperate with team members in accomplishing a common goal
- Our snow team is on call 24/7, pay will vary based on availability.
- Option for full time employment in the spring may be an option.