A snow shoveler is responsible for the safe and productive removal of snow and ice from commercial sidewalks. This is a team effort, which means you will work with other team members to efficiently and safely complete each assignment. We emphasize high-quality service, which calls for team members to be punctual and dependable for us to be successful. Candidates for this position should be available between November 1 - April 15th. Shifts range from six to 12 hours, but may require more hours for larger storms. Pay is based on experience/proficiency and can earn $16-$25/hr.
- Respond promptly to calls for on call snow and ice events
- Conduct pre-shift inspections and maintenance on all small equipment
- Clear snow and ice accumulations from customer sites from designated areas using shovels, snowblowers, salt spreaders and applying bagged de-icers
- Pile snow in designated and approved locations only
- Be available for communication at all times
- Document and report any obstacles at site(s)
- Be a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- Work outdoors in freezing weather conditions (bring your own jacket, gloves, hat, etc.)
- Be in good physical condition, able to lift, push or carry 50 to 60 pounds without restriction
- Provide safe, detail-oriented execution of assigned work
- Understand and carry out all instructions
- Work well under pressure while paying attention to all details and goals
- Have transportation to reach our location or job-site
- Cooperate with team members in accomplishing a common goal
Our snow team is on call 24/7, pay will vary based on availability.
Option for full time employment in the spring may be an option.