Summary: A snow shoveler is responsible for the safe and productive removal of snow and ice from commercial sidewalks and must be available at an on call basis.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills
- Team work
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Punctuality and timeliness
- Respond promptly to calls for on call snow and ice events
- Prepare and show up for shifts free from the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or medicines that influence safety or productivity
- Conduct pre-shift inspections and maintenance on all small equipment
- Clear snow and ice accumulations from customer sites from designated areas using shovels, snowblowers, salt spreaders and applying bagged de-icers
- Pile snow in designated and approved locations only
- Be available for communication at all times
- Document and report any obstacles at site(s)
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
Requirements & work conditions:
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Physically fit with strong stamina ability to work in freezing temperatures
- Ability to follow safe working procedures
- Good observation skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Work 12 hour shifts
- Various locations including both residential and commercial sites
- Extremely flexible working hours, including nights, weekend, and holiday work
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Work safely near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including extreme cold, rain, dust, noise, and wet conditions
We are looking for 10+ individuals to join our snow removal team. Pay is dependent on availability and this is a position that could lead to full time work for the right person.
Nights only (10Pm - 7AM) - $16.00 - $20.00/hr.
Days Only (7AM - 7PM) - $20.00 - $25.00/hr.
Weekends only - $16.00 - $20.00/hr.
- 24/7 on call or flexible availability - $23.00. - $25.00/hr.